Remember all the first birthday party ideas I posted about a few weeks ago? Well, it’s official. We are going to do a rainbow first birthday party theme for Kate’s party, which is now only 4 days away!
Edit: Here’s a link to how her party turned out full of rainbow birthday party ideas:
I know I know, I’m super predictable, but what can I say? I’m a huge fan of colour, so I just couldn’t resist!
Today I made a rainbow M&M’s vase to put on the snack table to help get me in the party spirit. It certainly is not difficult, but it’s definitely getting me motivated to get things planned. Plus it’s one little project that I could get out of the way well before the party.
I’m embarrassed to admit how much money I spent on 3lbs of peanut M&M’s at the bulk store, so I’m not going to tell you (or my husband). But I’m pretty sure I could have gotten them customized on My M&M’s .com for a comparable price. (And, I could have had her photo printed on one side and her age printed on the other side. How cute would that have been if I was more organized!?)
I separated all the colours into little bowls. Kind of a mindless task, but it went pretty quickly. I started with blue on the bottom, and filled the vase up to the top:
Obviously there is more work to do for the first birthday party, but this rainbow M&M’s vase was an easy task that could be done well in advance of the party (4 days in advance to be exact).
So what else is on the to-do list?
- Remember the 3rd birthday cake I tried for Leah but it didn’t work? Well, I’m going to try it again in the shape of a number 1.
- You better believe I’m going to be hanging some tissue paper pom pom decorations!
- I’ll be buying as many rainbow dollar store party items as I can – cutlery, plates, napkins – we’ll see how my shopping trip goes.
- There will also be rainbow jello cups
- A rainbow veggie tray
- Rainbow juice options
- And rainbow fruit skewers