These 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies taste SO GOOD and are super easy to make! Using just three simple ingredients you can whip up these deliciously soft cookies in less than 30 minutes!
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
This recipe is so incredibly simple, you only need one egg, sugar and of course, peanut butter!
I’ve always liked this recipe exactly as written, but you can easily change things up if you want! Use chunky peanut butter instead of smooth, or add a handful of chocolate or peanut butter chips for a little burst of flavour.
You could even add some vanilla extract to enhance the flavour, or oatmeal for a slightly healthier version.
Video Tutorial: Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
*Note: The full printable recipe is at the bottom of this post.
Here’s a few more of our favourite peanut butter recipes:
White Sugar vs. Brown Sugar in Peanut Butter Cookies
We experimented with brown sugar vs white sugar in these three ingredient cookies. The difference is subtle, but definitely noticeable.
In each batch of cookies we used 1 cup of peanut butter and 1 egg. The only thing that changed was the type of sugar.
Take a look at the photo below. The peanut butter cookie on the left was made with brown sugar. The peanut butter cookie on the right was made with white sugar. See how the cookie made with brown sugar is slightly darker and thinner than the cookie made with white sugar?
Brown sugar also has a slightly different flavour. The molasses in the brown sugar gives it a very slight caramel/toffee flavour. It’s definitely worth a try if you’re up for a little experimenting!
Personally, I still prefer the cookies made with white sugar (see the picture below), but it was fun to try them with brown sugar!
Tips for Making Peanut Butter Cookies
- Use a cookie scoop for perfectly uniform and evenly baked cookies.
- Dip a wet fork in sugar before making your criss-cross pattern to prevent it from sticking to the dough.
- Place cookies on the middle rack of the oven for even heat distribution.
- Freeze your cookies in an air-tight container for up to one month. Let them defrost at room temperature for at least an hour before serving.
Easy Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
This is quite possibly the easiest peanut butter cookie recipe you can make! The cookies are so soft and have just the right amount of delicious peanut butter flavour!
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter (smooth)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Combine the peanut butter, sugar and egg in a large bowl and mix until ingredients are well blended, and the dough is soft and smooth.
- Scoop out enough dough to roll a 1 inch ball. Place the balls of dough on a parchment lined baking sheet so that they’re 2 to 3 inches apart. You should have enough dough to make 12-15 balls. (If the dough is too sticky when you're making the balls, pop it in the fridge to chill for 5-10 minutes.)
- Press down on the balls of dough with a fork to make a criss-cross pattern, flattening them slightly.
- Bake the cookies for about 20 minutes at 325F or until they start to brown. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
This recipe is perfect for kids just learning to bake or for anyone wanting a quick and easy treat!
These 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies are SO EASY and taste amazing! With just 3 simple ingredients, you can make this easy peanut butter cookie recipe in less than 30 minutes! This is such a classic cookie recipe and a fantastic recipe for kids when they’re learning to bake. Such an awesome, delicious and gluten-free cookie recipe!
Here’s even more delicious peanut butter recipes:
Chocolate Heart Peanut Butter Cookies
No-Bake Monster Cookie Energy Bites
Our book Low-Mess Crafts for Kids is loaded with 72 fun and simple craft ideas for kids! The projects are fun, easy and most importantly low-mess, so the clean up is simple!
Where to buy:
You can purchase Low-Mess Crafts for Kids from Amazon, or wherever books are sold:
Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Books- A- Million | Indiebound | Indigo | Amazon Canada
Let us know what you think: