Use melty beads to make Valentines Perler beads designs filled with hearts and love! These Valentine themed Perler bead patterns are SO PRETTY and really easy to make.
We have 12 free Valentine’s Day Perler bead patterns for you to choose from, or you can create your own designs, using our helpful tips and tricks! It’s such a fun indoor craft, perfect for keeping the kids busy this February.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission which helps us run this website.
How to Make Valentine's Perler Beads
Check Out The Video Tutorial:
Step 1: Find what you need
- Gather your supplies and materials.
Step 2: Make your Perler bead design on the pegboard
- Print our free Valentine's Day Perler bead patterns, or follow along with the template on your device's screen.Find the link to one of the patterns in the materials list above. The others can be found below this tutorial.
- Optional: Use tweezers to add Perler beads to the pegboard.Kids may be able to place the beads easily with just their hands, but adults will find the tweezers a lot easier to use!
- To make this "LOVE" design on the small square pegboard we started in the top right and worked our way down.When you create a Perler bead design you can add beads in whatever way works best for you. Sometimes we like to create a border first and then fill it in -- it all depends on the pattern.
- Continue adding beads, working clockwise, and be sure to pay attention for the colour switch.
- Add the last beads and then double check your design.Compare the Valentine's Day pattern to the template one last time to make sure it's exactly how you want it to look.
Step 3: Iron your Perler beads
- Put the pegboard on an ironing board or a wooden cutting board. Place a piece of parchment paper over top of the Perler bead design.
- Heat your iron to medium temperature, no steam. Place the iron on the parchment paper and move it around in circular motions for at least 15 to 20 seconds.
- Check the beads to see if they're melted together. Continue to iron for another 10 to 20 seconds, if necessary.The beads are melted correctly when the parchment paper sticks to the beads and needs to be peeled away from them.
- Leave the Valentine's Day design on the pegboard until it's cool to the touch.
- Your Valentines Perler beads design is complete!
- If you have a clear pegboard you can place the template underneath it, making it super easy to follow the Valentine’s Day pattern!
- You can also buy a heart shaped pegboard for an extra easy Valentine’s Day craft.
Download our free Valentines Day Perler bead patterns:
Click on the links or images below to download our free, printable Valentine’s Day Perler bead templates! The PDF files will open in a new window.
Then simply follow along with the pattern on your device’s screen, or print the templates in colour on 8.5 x 11 (letter size) printer paper.
This pattern page features a heart outline, a heart struck by an arrow, Cupid’s arrows, and a conversation bubble with a heart.
This pattern page features “I (heart) U”, a chain of hearts, Xs & Os, and two overlapping hearts.
This pattern page features “LOVE” (with a heart ‘O’), a multi-coloured heart, a Valentine envelope, and 4 mini hearts.
What are Perler beads?
Perler beads are small, plastic, cylindrical beads known also as “fuse beads” or “melty beads”. This is because Perler beads are designed to be melted together!
Place the Perler beads, one by one, onto a plastic pegboard and create a pattern of your choice (like one of these fun Valentine’s Day designs). Then cover the design with parchment paper and iron the beads together — the heat from the iron will fuse the beads together into one piece.
What other Valentines Perler beads patterns can I make?
We created 12 different Valentines Perler beads designs. Follow the patterns above to make:
- heart outline
- heart struck by an arrow
- Cupid’s arrows
- conversation bubble with a heart
- I (heart) U
- chain of hearts
- Xs & Os
- overlapping hearts
- LOVE (with a heart for an ‘O’)
- multi-coloured heart
- Valentine envelope
- mini hearts
Or have fun designing your own Valentine’s Day pixel art! Try making:
- heart shaped key
- heart with a happy face
- teddy bear
- red lips
- conversation heart with a message (you may need a large board for this)
- Cupid’s bow
- heart eye emoji
- heart shaped flower
- love potion
What paper is used to iron Valentines Perler beads?
We use parchment paper on top of our Perler beads to melt them and it works perfectly! You can also buy specific ironing paper for Perler beads, but there’s no need, because regular parchment works just as well.
You can keep a piece of parchment paper with your Perler beads and re-use it. The same piece of paper can be used about 4 – 5 times, or until the texture gets wrinkly.
These Valentines Perler beads patterns are so adorable and fun to make! Add these sweet designs to the front of a Valentine’s Day card, or use them to decorate the snack table at a party.
Here’s even more Valentine’s Day craft ideas:
Our book Low-Mess Crafts for Kids is loaded with 72 fun and simple craft ideas for kids! The projects are fun, easy and most importantly low-mess, so the clean up is simple!