Cheer on your team this season with football Perler beads! These Perler bead football designs are so fun and easy to make, a perfect craft to celebrate the Super Bowl.
We have 8 free football Perler bead patterns for you to choose from, or you can design your own sports pixel art, using our helpful tips and tricks. It’s such a fun indoor activity, perfect for keeping the kids busy during the big game.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission which helps us run this website.
DIY Football Perler Beads
Check Out The Video Tutorial:
Step 1: Find what you need
- Gather your supplies and materials.
Step 2: Make your football Perler beads design
- Print our free football Perler bead patterns, or follow along with the template on your device's screen.
- To make your football Perler beads you'll need to use a small square pegboard.We also find it helpful to sort the Perler beads we want to use by colour and set them in small bowls.
- Optional: Use tweezers to add your Perler beads to the pegboard.Kids may be able to place the beads easily using just their hands, but adults will find the tweezers a lot easier to use!
- For this design we worked our way from left to right, but you can choose whichever way works best for you.Some Perler bead designs are easier when you create the outline first.
- Follow the Perler bead football pattern and switch between colours, paying special attention to the vertical rows that have multiple colours.
- Continue until you've completed your Perler bead football.Compare the football to the template one last time to make sure it's exactly how you want it to look.
Step 3: Iron the Perler beads football
- Put the pegboard on an ironing board or a wooden cutting board. Place a piece of parchment paper over top of the Perler bead football.
- Heat your iron to medium temperature, no steam. Place the iron on the parchment paper and move it around in circular motions for at least 15 to 20 seconds.
- Check the beads to see if they're melted together. Continue to iron for another 10 to 20 seconds, if necessary.The beads are melted correctly when the parchment paper sticks to the beads and needs to be peeled away from them.
- Leave the football design on the pegboard until it's cool to the touch.
- Your Perler bead football is complete!
- If you have a clear pegboard you can place the template underneath it, making it super easy to follow the football themed patterns.
- Use these football Perler beads designs as decorations for your Super Bowl party!
Download our free football Perler bead patterns:
Click on the links or images below to download our free, printable Perler bead football templates! The PDF files will open in a new window.
Then simply follow along with the pattern on your device’s screen, or print the templates in colour on 8.5 x 11 (letter size) printer paper.
What are Perler beads?
Perler beads are small, cylindrical beads made from a non-toxic plastic. They’re also called “fuse beads” or “melty beads” because Perler beads are designed to be melted together!
Perler beads are placed on a plastic pegboard, where you can create a pattern of your choice (like one of these fun football themed designs!). Then cover the design with parchment paper and iron the beads together — the heat from the iron fuses the beads together into one piece!
What football Perler bead patterns can I make?
We created 8 different football Perler beads designs. Follow the patterns above to make:
- Goal post
- Foam finger
Or have fun designing your own pixel art! Try making:
- Coaching headset
- Tactics (Xs & Os with arrows)
- Cleat (shoe)
- Cheerleader and/or pom poms
- Team logo
- Football player (you may need a large board for this)
What can I do with my football Perler bead designs?
These football Perler beads look really cute as fridge magnets! They also make great party favours, ornaments, or table decorations. Be sure to use them to decorate for the big game!
Or celebrate football year-round and use the Perler bead football patterns as a keychain or wall art. Add a jump ring through one of the top holes (poke a needle through, if needed), or use a glue dot to attach them inside a picture frame.
You’ll have fun with these football Perler beads whether you’re celebrating your team at the Super Bowl or are just a lover of the sport. Use the same colours as we did or design your own based on your team’s colours! These free Perler bead designs are perfect for fans of the NFL, CFL, or even your local high school team.
Here’s even more Perler bead craft ideas:
Our book Low-Mess Crafts for Kids is loaded with 72 fun and simple craft ideas for kids! The projects are fun, easy and most importantly low-mess, so the clean up is simple!