Hi there! It’s Megan from Homemade Ginger and I have a super fun St. Patrick’s Day craft to share with you all today!
St. Patrick’s Day tends to get a little overlooked after all of the major winter holidays. However, I always find myself excited for St. Patty’s Day because it means spring is just around the corner. We love getting all decked out in green and taking the kids to a local parade. Sometimes, it is in the 70’s and beautiful for the parade on St. Patrick’s Day and other years it can be in the 30’s. Either way, it’s a great excuse to have some fun and celebrate spring!
Whether you tend to celebrate St. Patricks’ day or not, these paper strip clovers are such a sweet little craft to get into the spirit of spring. Kids of all ages can help make this craft and they can also be turned into cards to hand out to friends and family. Who wouldn’t love getting a surprise card on St. Patricks’ day? You will love making this easy and festive craft with kids and it’s cute enough to keep and pull it out to display year after year!
I was inspired by these paper strip pumpkins, but I thought it would be fun to try a four leaf clover version. I added the pom poms at the end and I think they are the perfect touch!
Paper Strip Clovers
Here is what you will need:
- Black Card Stock
- Various Green Patterned Papers
- Pom Poms
You will love how this project turns out! So festive!!!
Paper Strip Clovers
- 1 sheet cardstock (black)
- green patterned paper (assorted)
- craft glue
- pom poms (white, green, black)
- To cut out your clover silhouette, fold a piece of black paper in half and draw half of a clover shape along the fold using a pencil.
- Cut it out to reveal your clover silhouette.
- Cut different sized strips out of the patterned paper. Glue them onto another piece of card stock. It's ok if they hang over the edge.
- Once the glue is dry, flip the paper over and trim off the excess on each side.
- Lay the black clover cut out on top of the patterned strips and glue it down.
- Add some pom poms around the top and bottom edges for decoration.
- Write a note on the back to give it as a St. Patty's Day card, or just keep it for yourself to display!
- Your paper strip clover craft is complete!
These paper strip clovers are SO easy to make and are the perfect St. Patricks Day craft for kids of all ages!