Looking for a shamrock template for your next craft project or activity? Then we’ve got you covered! Below you’ll find 6 different shamrock outlines in all different sizes that you can use as a stencil or pattern.
There’s 25 different printable pages and they’re all free for you to download and print! These clover shapes are great for St. Patrick’s Day, cards, coloring pages, or any craft or activity where you might need one (or many!) clover templates.
Keep reading for some fun ways to use these outlines!
RELATED: St. Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages
These printables are for personal and school use only. Do not copy, republish, upload, or alter these files. If you would like to feature these printables please provide a link back to this webpage.
Here’s how to use these shamrock templates:
- Scroll down and find the page you want.
- Click on any of the photos below, or on the text links below them. A printable PDF file will open in a new window. (NOTE: The images themselves are not printable quality.)
- Print the PDF on 8.5 inch by 11 inch, letter sized paper.
What to do with a shamrock template:
- Use the shamrock template as a pattern or stencil for your next craft.
- Cut out the shamrock shape, add glue and glitter or pom poms for a super easy kids craft.
- Trace the shamrock outline onto construction paper and cut it out to make your own St. Patrick’s Day decorations.
- Use the shamrock stencil to make St. Patrick’s Day cards that you can decorate with markers, paint, and more.
- Use one of these simple outlines for sewing or quilting patterns.
- Make easy bulletin board decorations with these printable clover outlines.
- Count the leaves for an easy learning activity.
- Get drawing practice by copying the clover shape — or you can fill in the shamrock with your own designs.
- Use the shamrock shape as a tattoo template.
Shamrock Template #1
The word shamrock comes from the Gaelic word seamróg, which means “little clover”. This classic shamrock shape is sure to bring you the luck of the Irish. Will you colour it green?
Shamrock Template #1 Options:
Shamrock Template #2
It’s considered lucky to find a four-leaf clover! This clover shape with a curved stem and rounded leaves is perfect for your next St. Patrick’s Day art project!
Shamrock Template #2 Options:
Shamrock Outline #3
Shamrocks are the national plant of Ireland. They’re strongly associated with St. Patrick, who used the 3 leaved plant to teach about the Holy trinity.
This shamrock template has leaves that go straight out from the center. It’s great for kids to practice their cutting skills.
Shamrock Outline #3 Options:
Shamrock Outline #4
Four leaf clovers are quite rare! It’s estimated that only 1 out of every 10,000 shamrocks have four leaves.
This clover template has a straight stem and four indented leaves. You can turn this shamrock outline into a shamrock person craft, or decorate it however you’d like!
Shamrock Outline #4 Options:
Outline Shamrock #5
There’s a shamrock on the UK Royal Coat of Arms to represent Northern Ireland. It’s featured alongside the English rose and the Scottish thistle.
This shamrock template has 3 rounded leaves and a curved stem. It’s sure to bring some luck, whether you want to use it for party decorations or an Irish themed craft.
Outline Shamrock #5 Options:
Four Leaf Clover Outline #6
Shamrocks were a popular motif in Victorian times, and could be found in jewelry pieces, which were said to bring good karma to the wearer.
This four leaf clover outline without a stem has a real Celtic feel to it! What type of arts and crafts would you like to make with it?
Four Leaf Clover Outline #6 Options:
Here’s even more St. Patrick’s Day craft ideas:
Our book Low-Mess Crafts for Kids is loaded with 72 fun and simple craft ideas for kids! The projects are fun, easy and most importantly low-mess, so the clean up is simple!