Looking for a fun new slime recipe? This edible slime, made with Starburst candy, is taste safe and kid friendly! It’s SO EASY to make this simple slime and it smells and tastes amazing.
Mold this candy slime into shapes and let it harden. Then pop the slime back in the microwave to play with it all over again. It’s such a fun way to make slime!
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission which helps us run this website.
How to Make Edible Slime
Check Out The Video Tutorial:
Step 1: Unwrap the Starburst candy and melt it
- Unwrap about 20 Starburst in all one colour and add them to a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave the Starburst for 30 seconds on high power. Stir the candy and then microwave another 15 seconds, or until fully melted.
- Add coconut oil to the bowl of melted Starburst.
- Stir well until the coconut oil is combined.
Step 2: Mix in the powdered sugar
- Add powdered sugar to a baking tray, or directly on your working surface.
- Pour the melted Starburst on top of the sugar. Be careful because it will be very hot.
- Once the candy is cool enough to touch, spread the Starburst out and coat it in the powdered sugar.
- Knead and stretch the candy to work in the powdered sugar. Discard the rest of the sugar once the slime is thick and no longer sticky.
Step 3: Have fun with your edible slime!
- Continue to stretch and play with the slime until the sugar is completely combined.The slime will become hard as it cools down. Return it to the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds to make it soft again.
- Your edible slime is complete!
- This edible slime needs to be warm in order for it to be soft and stretchy. Be careful with the slime when it comes out of the microwave – it will be hot!
- If the slime is too sticky, add a bit more powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon at a time. You can also try adding a bit of cornstarch.
What is edible slime?
Edible slime is slime that is made up of taste safe ingredients. Regular slime is often made with glue or Borax, which can be dangerous for younger kids who like to put things in their mouths.
This candy slime is non-toxic, made of Starburst candy, powdered sugar, and coconut oil. While you may not want your kids to eat the whole batch at once, it’s completely safe to eat this edible slime. Just make sure your kids know the difference between edible slime and regular slime!
How do you store this edible slime?
After you’re finished playing with this edible slime we recommend storing it at room temperature in a microwavable bowl or container. Cover the container with plastic wrap until you’re ready to play with the slime again.
Then simply remove the plastic wrap and pop the slime back in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds. Remove the slime from the bowl and enjoy playing with your Starburst slime!
How long does this edible slime last?
The nice thing about this edible slime recipe is that it lasts a long time. As the slime cools down, it hardens, and you simply need to warm the slime to play with it again.
We warmed up our edible slime in the microwave a week after making it, and it felt the same as when it was first made!
Learn how to make edible slime without Borax and glue! Make this Starburst slime in all your favourite colours and flavours – it’s so easy!
Here’s even more fun slime recipes:
Our book Low-Mess Crafts for Kids is loaded with 72 fun and simple craft ideas for kids! The projects are fun, easy and most importantly low-mess, so the clean up is simple!