This cornstarch slime is so much fun to play with! In just a few minutes you can make slime with cornstarch that has a super satisfying stretch.
Use our simple recipe and create hours of fun with this slime made from cornstarch and glue. This squishy slime has a really cool texture – it’s soft and a little fluffy, but it’s also very workable, with the perfect ooze!
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission which helps us run this website.
How to Make Slime with Cornstarch
Check Out The Video Tutorial:
Step 1: Find what you need
- Gather your supplies and materials.
Step 2: Combine the slime ingredients
- Add the cornstarch, baking soda, and glue to a mixing bowl. Use a spoon or spatula to scrape the glue out of the measuring cup. Stir until combined.
- Add the contact lens solution.
- Stir everything together using a spoon. It will be very sticky and messy at first.
- Keep stirring until the mixture becomes more smooth and begins to resemble slime.
Step 3: Knead and stretch slime
- Remove the slime from the bowl and knead and stretch it with your hands.Continue to work the slime until it becomes smooth and stops sticking to your hands.
- Your cornstarch slime is complete!
- Don’t add too much contact lens solution! The more activator added to the slime, the more rubbery the slime will be.
- Once the slime is no longer sticky, continue to pull it and stretch it for a minute or so. This will add more air to the slime and help it be less sticky.
- Store your slime in a Ziploc bag or an airtight container.
Can you make slime with just cornstarch and water?
Yes, you can make Oobleck slime with only cornstarch and water. Oobleck is a non-Newtonian fluid that is both a liquid and a solid!
This slime is not the type you can pull and stretch, but it’s definitely fun to play with! For a detailed recipe and more information about Oobleck, check out our how to make Oobleck post!
How long does this cornstarch slime last?
Slime is always best on the first day, but this cornstarch slime should stay stretchy and soft for at least a week, if stored correctly. It may last even longer, depending on how much it’s played with! Keep your slime in an airtight container when not playing with it.
How can I make this cornstarch slime coloured?
To make coloured cornstarch slime, stir 5 – 10 drops of food colouring into your bowl of ingredients before adding the contact lens solution. The more drops added, the darker your slime will be.
What is the best activator for cornstarch slime?
We like to use contact lens solution to activate our slime. It’s easy to find, convenient, and works really well! In order for the ingredients to become slime, make sure that your contact solution contains boric acid.
The brand we use is Renu Advanced Formula from Bausch + Lomb (called Renu Fresh here in Canada). Different brands may contain different amounts of boric acid, so you may need to adjust the amount of activator in your slime recipe if you’re using a different brand.
Make this cornstarch slime with only a few simple ingredients! It’s soft, stretchy, and so simple to make! While this slime is a bit sticky at first, it eventually cleans itself off your hands and ends up being super easy to clean up!
Here’s even more fun slime ideas:
Our book Low-Mess Crafts for Kids is loaded with 72 fun and simple craft ideas for kids! The projects are fun, easy and most importantly low-mess, so the clean up is simple!