Hi there! It’s Megan from Homemade Ginger again and I’m sharing my first slime recipe with you all today!
I don’t know about your kids, but mine definitely go through phases when it comes to playing with certain toys or games. They will do the same thing over and over every day until they get sick of it and then move onto the next thing. But there is one thing that most kids right now are obsessed with and that is making slime! Have you jumped on the slime obsession train yet? I will have to say that we are a little late to the game in my house, but now that we’ve started making slime at home, my kids are hooked!
There are tons of variations to choose from and the possibilities are endless! You could make a new slime recipe every day and it would be different every time. I wanted to come up with a rainbow slime that didn’t involve glitter. We seem to spread glitter everywhere at our house and it’s so hard to get rid of! I decided to try throwing some rainbow sprinkles in slime and I love how it turned out! It reminds me of birthday cake batter. It’s so fun to play with and it’s a great rainbow craft to celebrate St. Patrick’s day!
Kids of all ages will love making this festive slime. It’s so cheerful and addictive to play with. It only takes a few ingredients and you probably already have most of them at home!
Rainbow Sprinkle Slime
The full recipe is at the bottom of this post, but here is what you will need:
- Elmer’s Glue
- Baking Soda – about 2-4 tsp
- Contact Solution – about 1 tsp
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Large Mixing Bowl
One of the cutest slime recipes!
It’s so stretchy and the sprinkles make it look super colorful and pretty.
This would be a fun thing to give out as favors at a birthday party too!
Rainbow Sprinkle Slime
- Large mixing bowl
- Squeeze the bottle of glue into a large mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Add 1 tsp of contact solution.
- Mix together until it starts to resemble slime. Add more baking soda if the mixture is too wet or more contact solution if it's too dry.
- Once the mixture is combined, use your hands to knead it until the slime is no longer sticky.
- Add a few tablespoons of sprinkles to the slime and fold in into the mixture until it is evenly incorporated.
- Your batch of rainbow sprinkle slime is complete!
This is the cutest slime recipe you will ever see! Next time your kids are begging to make slime, give this one a try!