These Halloween Perler beads designs are SO FUN to make! Grab your melty beads and a pegboard and get into the Halloween spirit with these spooktacular pixel art designs.
We have 8 free, printable patterns to get you started making Perler bead creations for Halloween. These designs are both spooky and sweet, and they’re really fun and easy to make!
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission which helps us run this website.
How to Make Halloween Perler Beads
Check Out The Video Tutorial:
Step 1: Find what you need
- Gather your supplies and materials.
Step 2: Make your Halloween Perler bead design
- To make your Halloween Perler beads you'll need to use a small square pegboard.We also find it helpful to separate and set out the Perler beads we want to use.
- Optional: Use tweezers to add your Perler beads to the pegboard.Kids may be able to place the beads easily just using their hands, but adults will find the tweezers a lot easier to use!
- Start by adding black Perler beads to form the jack-o-lantern's face.You can follow our template or design your own pumpkin pattern.
- Switch to orange Perler beads and make the outline of the jack-o-lantern.
- Fill in the pumpkin and then follow the template to add the stem and leaf.
- Compare your Halloween Perler bead design to the template to make sure it's exactly how you want it to look.
Step 3: Iron the Perler beads
- Set the pegboard on an ironing board or a wooden cutting board. Then place a piece of parchment paper over top of the Perler bead pumpkin.Heat your iron to medium temperature, no steam. Gently set the iron on the parchment paper and move it around in circular motions for at least 15 - 20 seconds.
- Check to see if the beads are melted together. Continue to iron for another 10 to 20 seconds, if necessary.The Perler beads are melted correctly when the parchment paper sticks to the beads and needs to be peeled away from them.
- Leave your Halloween pixel art on the pegboard until it's cool to the touch.
- Your Halloween Perler beads design is complete!
- Use gentle pressure when ironing your Perler beads. This will ensure that none of them get knocked over.
- Use glow in the dark Perler beads to make your Halloween Perler beads designs extra spooky!
- If you have a clear pegboard you can place the template underneath it, making it super easy to follow the Halloween Perler beads pattern!
Download our free Halloween Perler bead patterns:
Click on the links below to download our free, printable Perler bead Halloween templates! The PDF files will open in a new window.
Then simply follow along with the pattern on your device’s screen, or print the templates in colour on 8.5 x 11 (letter size) printer paper.
What are Perler beads?
Perler beads are small, plastic, cylindrical beads that are also known as “fuse beads” or “melty beads”. This is because Perler beads are designed to be melted together!
Place the Perler beads, one by one, on a plastic pegboard and create a pattern of your choice (like one of these fun Halloween designs). Then cover the design with parchment paper and iron the beads together — the heat from the iron will fuse the beads into one piece.
Where can I buy Perler beads to make Perler bead Halloween patterns?
Your local craft store should have a good selection of melty beads, but you can also find them at a chain store like Michaels or Walmart. Or if you’d like to buy online, Amazon often has good prices, and they offer a large selection of fuse beads.
You can buy bags of individual colours of Perler beads, or purchase a jar or kit with a variety of different colours. You can also buy beads directly from the Perler beads website, where you’ll find every possible colour of bead and tons of accessories!
What other Halloween patterns can I make with Perler beads?
We created 8 different Halloween Perler beads designs. Follow the patterns above to make:
- Black cat
- Witch hat
Or have fun designing your own Halloween pixel art! Try making:
- Candy corn
- Plain pumpkin
- The word “Boo!”
- Tombstone (with or without RIP written on it)
- Haunted house (you may need a large pegboard for this)
These Halloween Perler beads are perfect for the spooky season! Use the same colours as we did, or design your own Perler bead Halloween art.
Working with Perler beads is such a fun indoor activity, perfect for blustery fall weather. Use your Halloween designs as party decorations, or turn them into a fun holiday themed magnet or keychain!
Here’s even more Perler bead craft ideas:
Our book Low-Mess Crafts for Kids is loaded with 72 fun and simple craft ideas for kids! The projects are fun, easy and most importantly low-mess, so the clean up is simple!