Hi there! It’s Megan from Homemade Ginger and I’m back to share a super easy and summer craft today. With all of the fun summer social events coming up, you will have plenty of reasons to make these adorable fruit straw toppers.
Our family is looking forward to lots of time by the pool this summer. We have recently moved and have access to a neighborhood pool. We also have friends with a pool and there are always lots of social summer events happening. Last summer, enjoying the pool as a family was a bit tricky because my daughter broke her arm for the 3rd time. Yes, by the age of 7 years old, she managed to break her right arm 3 times! Needless to say, her injury put a damper on many summer activities – especially swimming! We are hoping for no broken bones this summer so that we can all enjoy all of the pool fun together!
Something about a yummy, ice cold drink and being near the water on a hot day just go together. These little fruit straw toppers will dress up just about any drink. Kids will love making these to share with friends or hand out at their lemonade stand. These would also work great for a summer birthday party. The googly eyes just add an extra touch of silliness to this super easy paper craft!
These little straw toppers are super easy and you can change them up to make any fruits that you’d like! They would be the perfect addition to any backyard summer party because they look just so sweet in a yummy ice cold beverage!
Fruit Straw Toppers
The full tutorial is at the bottom of this post, but here is what you will need:
- Construction Paper
- Googly eyes
- Adhesive Roller
Stick in your favorite drink and enjoy!
Your kids will love helping create these silly fruit straw toppers!
Fruit Straw Toppers
- Crafters tape
- 3 sheets construction paper (assorted colours)
- 3 pairs googly eyes
- 3 straws
- Cut out two of each fruit shape. Cut one stem for the pineapple and strawberry shapes.
- Using crafters tape, apply a pair of googly eyes to the front fruit pieces. Then attach the stems to the tops of the pineapple and strawberry cut outs.
- Apply crafter's tape to the outer edges of the back side of both pieces of each fruit. Press the 2 pieces together.
- There should be a small space in between the pieces to stick a straw through. Adjust the straw topper by sliding it up or down.
- Your fruit straw toppers are complete!
These fruit straw toppers are the perfect way to dress up your summer drinks!