These cork sail boats are so easy to make and they actually float in water! This is such a simple kids craft idea and a great low mess activity to try with the kids! You can make one in less than 5 minutes! If you don’t have any wine drinking friends or family, don’t worry – You can usually buy little bags of corks at the craft store.
This is another one of my favourite crafts from my new book, Low Mess Crafts for Kids (available in bookstores and on Amazon now!). The book is packed with lots of simple and fun crafts, just like this one!
My kids absolutely loved playing with these little cork sail boats (the first clip in the video is my 6 year old’s hands!). It’s just so fun that the boats actually float! I’ve been filling up a baking dish with water, and the kids take their boats for a little sail. You can give the boats a little push or you can blow on the back of the sails to make them go. You can even send small toys, like Lego people, or Shopkins on a ride.
If you missed the other two craft videos we made, be sure to check them out! Both the Wiggly Worm Puppets and the Beaded Pipe Cleaner People have been going crazy on Pinterest and each one has been pinned over 30,000 times in less than two weeks! Craziness!
There are 70 more fun crafts, just like this one in our new book Low-Mess Crafts for Kids.
Inside the book you’ll find:
- 72 super fun, low mess crafts for kids of all ages. (Almost all of them are brand new and have never been seen on the blog!)
- Colourful photos of every single craft, including photos showing how the crafts in each chapter go together in a fun scene.
- Full colour, step by step photos and instructions for every craft (there’s over 800 photos in the book!)
- Tips and tricks to help keep the mess under control for each craft so you can spend less time stressing about the mess and more time having fun!
- A shopping list of supplies for each chapter so you know exactly what you’ll need.
- Tips on how to build a simple but amazing craft stash so you’ll always have the supplies needed to make awesome kids crafts.
Where to buy:
You can purchase Low-Mess Crafts for Kids from Amazon, or wherever books are sold: