These 4 strand pipe cleaner bracelets are so beautiful and they’re so simple to make! You can create a bracelet in less than 10 minutes using only pipe cleaners and beads.
4 Strand Pipe Cleaner Bracelets
I absolutely love simple crafts! These 4 strand pipe cleaner bracelets are so pretty, and they are way easier to make than they look. Best of all, you can make one using two common craft supplies: pipe cleaners and beads.
You can assemble these bracelets in 10 minutes or less, and the bead work is great for developing hand-eye coordination. Why not improve fine motor skills and have a beautiful bracelet at the end of it?
I really like the two-tone look of these bracelets, but you could easily make them all one colour, or even use random bead colours.
Check out our Pipe Cleaner Bracelet video tutorial:
*Note: Scroll down for the step-by-step photo tutorial.
Looking for more jewelry craft ideas? Here’s some of our favourites:
Here’s what you’ll need:
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission which helps us run this website.
The full printable instructions are at the end of this post, but here’s a list of products on Amazon that are similar to the supplies we used:
What size beads fit onto pipe cleaner bracelets?
A pony bead is the best type of bead for this project because they have a nice big opening. However, you can use any bead that is wide enough to fit over two pipe cleaners.
The beads we used are 8 mm wide on the outside, with an opening of 4 mm.
What if I don’t have beads?
You can definitely try making a bracelet without beads. Try twisting the pipe cleaners together twice every time the instructions ask for a bead.
You could also make your own beads by cutting a drinking straw into small bead-like sections. Then simply slide the straw “beads” over the pipe cleaners.
Where can I get the supplies?
My favourite place to order pony beads is from Amazon. I have a few bags of assorted colours and I pick out the colours I like. You can also get beads from Walmart, Michaels, the dollar store, or any craft store.
We usually get pipe cleaners from either the dollar store or from Amazon. Just make sure you choose the 12 inch size and not the 6 inch size.
What other crafts can I make with pipe cleaners and beads?
There are so many fun and easy crafts you can make with pipe cleaners and beads! For holiday themed fun try making a Shamrock, Pumpkin, or Snowflake. If you’re feeling more summery, check out the Dragonflies, Butterflies, or Flowers.
How to Make a 4 Strand Pipe Cleaner Bracelet
- 4 Pipe cleaners (12 inch length)
- 12 beads (outer colour)
- 5 beads (inner colour)
Step 1: Lay out pipe cleaners and twist together
- Lay out your pipe cleaners so there are 2 colours in the middle and 2 colours on the outside.
- Line up the ends of the pipe cleaners and twist them together 2 or 3 times.
Step 2: Add the beads
- Pinch together the top 2 pipe cleaners and the bottom 2 pipe cleaners, bending the pipe cleaners slightly so they stay in this position. Slide a blue bead over the top 2 ends and then add a second bead to the bottom 2 ends. Push the beads all the way down to the twisted end.
- Pinch together the middle 2 pipe cleaners and push a pink bead onto them, sliding it until it is about 3/4 inch away from the blue beads.
Step 3: Repeat Step 2
- Add blue beads to the outer 2 pipe cleaners (both top and bottom) and slide them down until they're about 3/4 inch away from the pink bead.
- Add a pink bead to the middle 2 pipe cleaners, again keeping about 3/4 inch spacing between the beads.
- Continue this pattern until the bracelet is about the size of your wrist.
Step 4: Close off and shape
- Twist the ends of the pipe cleaners together 2 or 3 times (like you did in the beginning) to close off your bracelet.
- Pull apart the blue (outside) pipe cleaners to give the bracelet its unique shape.
- Cross both ends over each other to create the round bracelet shape.
- Twist the ends together, making sure the sharp ends of the pipe cleaners stay on the outside of the bracelet.
Step 5: Adjust and enjoy!
- Pull apart the outer pipe cleaners again and adjust your bracelet shape until you're happy with it.
- Your pipe cleaner bracelet is complete!
We had so much fun making these pipe cleaner bracelets! I love that you can try all kinds of colour variations since they come together so quickly.
Try making red and green bracelets for Christmas, or orange and black for Halloween. The colours are so customizable!
Here’s even more jewelry craft ideas:
Our book Low-Mess Crafts for Kids is loaded with 72 fun and simple craft ideas for kids! The projects are fun, easy and most importantly low-mess, so the clean up is simple!