This 3D paper pumpkin craft is so easy to make and is such a fun kids craft for fall or Halloween! The cute construction paper pumpkins are 3D and look like they’re popping off the page!
RELATED: 3D Paper Hot Air Balloon Craft
3D Paper Pumpkin Craft
These construction paper pumpkins would make such a fun handmade card to give someone this fall! You can make the pumpkins all different shapes and sizes!
Pumpkin crafts are some of my favorites to do with kids. There are so many variations and possibilities. The 3D paper crafts that I have shared before, such as the 3D paper flowers and 3D hot air balloons were so fun to make that I wanted to try a 3D pumpkin for fall!
I love that these only require a few materials and can be made into a card or kept as an easy addition to your fall decor! These will be perfect to have around all season long.
Here’s the Supplies You’ll Need:
The full printable instructions are at the end of this post, but here’s a list of affiliate links to products on Amazon that are similar to the supplies we used to make this craft:
What’s the best paper to make a DIY paper pumpkin?
We recommend using construction paper, because it’s inexpensive, readily available and it comes in the perfect fall colours to make this craft.
You can also use coloured printer paper or coloured card stock. Card stock has vibrant colours and would make beautiful paper pumpkins, but because it’s so thick, it can be more difficult for children to work with.
I don’t have pipe cleaners, what else can I use for the stem and vine?
If you don’t have pipe cleaners you can use pom poms, rhinestones, or you can cut shapes out of construction paper to make the stem and vine.
You could also go on a short nature hunt and find short sticks for the stems, and small green leaves instead of vines.
How to Make 3D Paper Pumpkins
You can make these 3D pumpkins any size, shape or color that you want. I went with the traditional orange, but you could make some in different fall shades or get creative with some crazy colors too!
3D Paper Pumpkin Craft
- Stack two pieces of orange construction paper then fold them in half. Cut out half pumpkin shapes on the folded edge.
- Continue to cut until you have at least 4 half pumpkin shapes. Once unfolded these shapes should look like full pumpkins.
- Apply glue from a glue stick to the back of one of the folded pumpkin shapes so it covers one half of the pumpkin shape. Place another folded pumpkin piece on top of the glued side, matching up the folds.
- Keep gluing paper pumpkin pieces together until you've glued together 3 to 4 paper pumpkin shapes and the pumpkin fans out around the fold.
- Use glue from a glue stick to attach the bottom of the 3D paper pumpkin to the final piece of construction paper. If you're making a greeting card, fold the sheet of construction paper in half before gluing on the pumpkins.
- Cut a 1 inch piece of brown pipe cleaner and a 2 inch piece of green pipe cleaner. These will be the stem and the vine. Wrap the green pipe cleaner around a pencil a few times to make it into a spiral.
- Use a glue gun to attach the brown pipe cleaner piece as the pumpkin's stem and the spiral green pipe cleaner vine.
- Repeat these steps to make 3 or 4 additional pumpkins to add to your 3D pumpkin craft.
- Your 3D paper pumpkin craft is complete!
These 3D paper pumpkins were so easy to make and they look so cute! This paper kids craft can be turned into a handmade card or put out for some cute autumn decor!
Here’s even more fun paper crafts to try!
For more fun craft ideas, check out our book Low-Mess Crafts for Kids for 72 fun and simple craft ideas for kids! The projects are fun, easy and most importantly low-mess, so the clean up is simple!
Where to buy:
You can purchase Low-Mess Crafts for Kids from Amazon, or wherever books are sold: