Greetings! It’s Megan from Homemade Ginger and I’m back with another easy craft just in time for Valentine’s Day! This one is so easy to put together and the kids can help!
Valentine’s day is the holiday that always sneaks up on me. It seems like the older I get, the closer Valentine’s day is to Christmas. I usually don’t do much because I’ve just caught my breath from the crazy holidays! Last year I made some copper wire heart photo holders and that was about it. And yes, even as a craft blogger, I have purchased Valentine’s for my girls for the past three years instead of making something cute and DIY!
This year, I’m determined to be a little more on top of things. I found these candy arrows on Pinterest and decided to tweak things a bit to make them super easy to put together. My girls will love giving these out at school and I’m sure they will be a big hit with their classmates! Attach a cute tag or even a store bought Valentine to it and you are good to go!
The fun thing about these candy arrows is that they are so versatile. You can experiment with lots of different types of candy. Really, all you need is something long and skinny to tape onto the skewer. I think a heart shaped candy looks best for the end but you could try something else such as a Hershey’s kiss instead. Just have fun with it and let the kids help choose what they want to go on their candy arrows!
Valentine’s Day Candy Arrows
Here’s what you will need: (you can get the full printable directions at the end of the post)
- Wooden Skewers
- Heart Shaped Chocolates
- Rectangular shaped candy (we used Air Heads and Kit Kat)
- Bag of Feathers
- Glue Gun
- Washi Tape
Like I said previously, if you have a hard time finding any of these specific candies, feel free to switch them out for something else!
These candy arrows are so cute!
Make a bunch to pass out! They take no time at all.
Valentine's Day Candy Arrows
- Glue Gun
- 1 wooden skewer
- 1 heart shaped chocolate
- 1 rectangular shaped candy/ mini chocolate bar (we used Kit Kat and Air Heads)
- 1 bag of feathers (red or pink)
- 1 roll washi tape (red or pink)
- With a pair of pliers, trim 2-3 inches off of a wooden skewer. Discard the shorter end.
- Push the pointy end of the skewer into a heart shaped chocolate. Try not to push too deep.
- Take some washi tape and attach a rectangular candy/ mini chocolate bar onto the center of the skewer.
- Using a glue gun, attach a feather to front of the skewer, on the opposite end from the heart shaped chocolate.
- Flip the skewer over. Glue another feather onto the back, opposite the first.
- Your candy arrow valentines are complete! Make more using different candies and new combinations!
I hope Valentine’s Day doesn’t sneak up on you this year like it normally does for me and that you have plenty of time to whip up these adorable and easy candy arrows! Your kids will thank you for it!
If you’re looking for more fun Cupid’s Arrow ideas, check out our super simple Pretzel and Gumdrop Cupid’s Arrows. These are so simple to put together and make such an adorable Valentine’s Day party treat!