Hello! This is Megan from Homemade Ginger again and I’m here to share the easiest party decor you will ever make! These tissue paper sparklers are perfect for some quick and easy Fourth of July decor. But the good news is that even if you don’t live in the States, you can make these guys for absolutely any occasion!
I don’t know about you, but now that I’m a mom, fireworks kind of freak me out. My parents used to live outside of the city limits where fireworks were allowed. Every year, we would go to one of those huge fireworks tents and stock up on firecrackers big and small. Then, instead of watching a big fireworks display, we would all sit outside and shoot them off ourselves.
It was fun until everyone started having lots of kids of their own. With little ones running around and fireworks being shot off, I pretty much almost had a heart attack every Fourth of July. My parents recently moved back into the city, so this year our firework celebration will be much more tame. However, I love these tissue paper fireworks because there is absolutely no fire involved! They look adorable in a mason jar for a quick and easy centerpiece. Or, kids can just wave them in the air. They are super easy and affordable to create!
These tissue paper sparklers could be made with any color combination, so they are not just limited to the Fourth of July. Make a bunch for your next birthday party or even a graduation celebration! I was inspired by these tissue paper firecrackers, but wanted to try making a bigger version for more impact!
Tissue Paper Sparklers
The full printable instructions are at the end of this post but here is what you will need:
- Tissue Paper
- White Glue
- Straws or Skewers
These festive sparklers are the perfect craft for 4th of July!
Experiment with all different color combinations!
Tissue Paper Sparklers
- 3 large sheets Tissue paper (3 different colours)
- 1 straw or skewer
- Cut each of the 3 colours of large tissue paper sheets in half. Stack each of the half sheets together.
- Fold the stacked sheets in half, lengthwise.
- Using scissors, make small vertical cuts into the bottom edge of the stacked and folded papers, stopping a few inches from the folded edge.
- Apply a thin line of glue to the folded edge.
- Place your straw or skewer onto the start of the glue and begin rolling it up, twisting the tissue around until the end.
- Dab a small amount of glue to the seam and press to seal it shut.
- Leave to dry, then fluff out the tissue paper to form your sparkler!
Enjoy this easy way to celebrate the Fourth of July or any occasion this summer!