Hello! It’s Megan from Homemade Ginger again and I’m excited to share an easy DIY Father’s Day gift today!
I have always felt like my dad could do anything. I still think that to this day. Whether it was grilling a steak, fixing our car or building a room, my dad can do it all. He has saved me from many situations and I still need to call him to help me out every now and then. My dad has taught my husband many things about fixing cars and renovating our home. I wonder if my kids will view my husband the same way that I view my dad!
With Father’s Day coming up, it is so hard to know what to get dad, especially when my kids want to make something. Mother’s day seems so much easier with all the cutesy crafts out there. Since most dads feel like superheros, I thought that a superhero themed craft would be perfect. Whether dad likes to cook, build or grill, you can turn almost any tool into a superhero! This craft is so easy yet kids will love making it themselves for Dad on Father’s Day this year!
You could use any tool out there, not just the ones I’m showing. Try dressing up a new drill for the dad that loves to build or a whisk for the dad that makes pancakes every Saturday morning. My favorite superhero is the grill tool, I just love how it turned out!
Superhero Father’s Day Craft
Here is what you will need to make this craft:
- Wooden Spoon/ Tool
- Construction Paper
- Googly Eyes
- Double Stick Tape
- Glue Stick
- Hole Punch
Any dad will love getting these on Father’s Day!
Aren’t these so cute?!
Superhero Father's Day Gift
- Hole Punch
- Double sided tape
- 1 wooden spoon/tool
- Construction paper 9x12 (any colours)
- 2 Googly eyes
- Cut a sheet of construction paper in half. Take one half and fold it over your object lengthwise as a cape. Use a piece of double stick tape to attach it.
- Next, cut a small strip of construction paper so it wraps around the top of the spoon, attaching it with more double stick tape.
- Use a glue stick to add 2 googly eyes to the small strip of paper.
- Cut a jagged shape out of some yellow construction paper, large enough to write a message on.
- Write your Father's Day message on the yellow shape and punch a hole in the top.
- Attach the piece with the message to the "neck" of the spoon with a string.
- Your Superhero Father's Day gift is complete!
This Father’s Day craft for kids is a great way to give dad a gift that he will love while sending him the message that he is a superhero in your life!
Here’s even more Father’s Day craft ideas:
I Love You to Pieces Picture Frame
Let us know what you think: