Snowman soup is so much fun to make, and it’s such an adorable homemade gift! Make up a festive package with hot chocolate and goodies, and give one to everyone in the classroom, or to teachers, coworkers, and neighbours.
Use our free, printable snowman soup poem to offer a message of holiday cheer and to give instructions on how to make the snowman soup. This low cost Christmas favour is super cute and delicious — it’s such an easy way to show you care!
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission which helps us run this website.
How to Make Snowman Soup
- Free Printable Snowman Soup poem
- Coloured Sharpie markers (black, orange, light pink)
- 1 Hot chocolate mix packet
- 1 Candy cane
- 2 Hershey's Kisses
- 1 Hershey's Hug
- 10-20 Mini marshmallows
- Cellophane treat bag
- Twist tie (should come with treat bags)
- Red ribbon
- Small jingle bell (optional)
- White paper cup (8 oz, double wall)
Check Out The Video Tutorial:
Step 1: Find what you need
- Gather your supplies and materials.
Step 2: Cut out the snowman soup poem
- Print out our free snowman soup poem template.Find the link in the materials list above, and read printing instructions below.
- Cut out the snowman soup printable along the lines on the front.
Step 3: Draw a snowman face on the cup
- Use a black marker to draw the snowman's eyes and mouth. Draw 2 larger circles for the eyes.Leave a space and then colour smaller black circles for the mouth. We found it easiest to start with the center dot and work out from there on either side.
- Use an orange marker to draw the snowman's carrot nose, and then add 2 pink rosy cheeks off to the side of the mouth.
Step 4: Package up the snowman soup
- Gather the ingredients for snowman soup.You'll need a packet of hot chocolate mix, a candy cane, 10-20 mini marshmallows, 2 Hershey's Kisses, and 1 Hershey's Hug.
- Place the ingredients in the cellophane treat bag and close the bag with a twist tie.
- Punch a hole in the top corner of the snowman soup label.
- Cut a piece of ribbon about 8 inches long and add a jingle bell onto it.String the ribbon through the label and tie it around the twist tie on the bag. Knot it in place and then tie a bow.
- Place the cellophane package into the snowman cup.
- Your snowman soup is complete!Make a whole group of them to give away to friends, teachers, coworkers, or classmates.
- Mix together the snowman soup ingredients and enjoy a warm and delicious treat on a blustery winter day!
- The Hershey’s Kisses and Hershey’s Hug represent the snowman’s eyes and nose. If you don’t have these, you can replace them with chocolate chips or any other candy you think fits.
- Not a fan of peppermint? Add a wooden spoon, or even a chocolate spoon, into the package to stir the snowman soup.
Download our free snowman soup printable:
Click on the link or image below to download our free, printable snowman soup poem! The 2 page PDF file will open in a new window. Then print the template in colour on 8.5 x 11 (letter size) printer paper or cardstock.
Print double sided to include the “TO” and “FROM” labels on the back of the poem.
What poem is used for snowman soup?
The snowman soup poem is very important, because it gives instructions on how to make the snowman soup! It also offers a message of Christmas cheer.
You can print off our snowman soup poem above, or you can write the poem on your own tags. Here’s a snowman soup poem for you to use:
Here’s a gift of snowman soup,
I made it just for you.
At Christmas time I hope you will
Enjoy this tasty brew.
Mix water and chocolate in a cup,
And stir with the peppermint stick.
Be careful ’cause this “soup” is hot —
Don’t drink it up too quick!
Enjoy this tasty little drink
When chills and snow appear.
I hope it warms your spirit
All throughout the coming year!
Where can I find cups for making snowman soup?
We found our white paper cups at the dollar store. They’re 8 ounce size and double wall insulated, perfect for hot drinks.
If you can’t find a plain white cup, you can also create a paper sleeve and tape it around another cup. Or you can buy a snowman cup that’s already decorated!
You can even purchase a ceramic snowman mug online or at the dollar store to turn this adorable present into a re-usable gift.
What type of gift bag is used for this snowman soup recipe?
We used cellophane treat bags that we found at Michael’s. Our bags are 11.25 inches tall and 5 inches wide. A bag that’s a bit smaller would work as well.
You might be able to find a similar gift bag at the dollar store, or you can even buy snowman gift bags. Or you can cut cellophane (either patterned or plain) to size and wrap the ingredients up in a bundle.
Can I use washable markers to draw on the snowman soup cup?
Yes, you can definitely draw on the snowman soup cup with washable markers! We liked the colours of our permanent markers better, but we tested a cup with washable markers and it looked just as nice.
Snowman soup is such a fun holiday favour that’s sure to bring a smile to everyone. It’s a great Christmas favour for teachers, classmates, friends, loved ones, and neighbours. It also makes an adorable hostess gift!
This handmade Christmas present is fun for both kids and adults to put together, and it’s so delicious! The candy cane stir stick gives the hot cocoa a tasty peppermint flavour that most everyone will appreciate.
Here’s even more fun Christmas ideas:
Our book Low-Mess Crafts for Kids is loaded with 72 fun and simple craft ideas for kids! The projects are fun, easy and most importantly low-mess, so the clean up is simple!