Hi there! It’s Megan from Homemade Ginger and I’m back with my first Christmas craft of the season! Now that Halloween is over, we can officially get into the Christmas mood without feeling like we missed fall, right? These cute little reindeer are the perfect way to ease your way into holiday crafting!
When it comes to holiday crafting, I seem to totally over complicate things. There are endless tutorials on Pinterest involving detailed yet beautiful ornaments. If I am honest, I really don’t have the patience for that! Not to mention, that some of the beautiful handmade ornaments end up costing more to make yourself than to just buy at the store! That is why I absolutely love projects like these pinecone reindeer because half of the materials can be found in my backyard!
My four year old daughter loved going out into our yard and gathering twigs that were just the right size for these tiny reindeer antlers. Pinecones of all different sizes will make reindeer each with their own little personality. If you don’t have pinecones in your yard, grab a bag of the cinnamon scented ones from the craft store to make these not only look sweet but smell yummy too!
Make a big batch of these silly little reindeer this season and attach them to gifts or maybe a gift card!
The full tutorial is at the bottom of this post, but here is what you will need:
- Googly Eyes
- Large Red Pom Poms
- Brown Felt
- Hot Glue Gun
- Red Ribbon
These little guys are too cute!
Your kids will go crazy for these!
- Glue Gun
- 1 pinecone
- 1 pair googly eyes
- 1 large pom pom (red)
- 1 piece felt (brown)
- 1 6 inch ribbon (red)
- Attach the large red pom pom to the end of the pinecone with a dot of hot glue.
- Cut 2 ear shapes out of brown felt. If desired, cut smaller shapes out of a lighter color of brown to add to the inside of the ears.
- Glue the light brown shapes on top of the ears. Then, pinch the bottoms of the ears together.
- Glue the pinched section together with a dot of hot glue.
- Attach the ears to the back of the pinecone with more hot glue.
- Add a pair of googly eyes in between the ears and nose and attach 2 small twigs for the antlers as well.
- Lastly, make a loop out of a 6 inch piece of red ribbon. Glue it to the back of the pinecone for hanging.
- Your pinecone reindeer is complete!
You will love making these so much that you might start thinking of ways to turn pinecones into different animals next year!