Hi there! It’s Megan from Homemade Ginger and I’m back to share another easy craft that I think kids will love doing this spring!
I don’t know about where you live, but in our area, this winter has been the worst I can remember in a very long time. My kids have had SO many snow days. It seems like every single week, there is a snow day either for snow, extreme cold temperatures or ice. Just when it seems like the bad weather might be over, there will be another news report forecasting yet another storm on the way. I never thought I’d see the day that my kids are actually groaning when they find out it’s another snow day. They are ready to be back at school and with their friends!
Even with the snowy weather, spring is just around the corner – at least we are going to be hoping for that! We are longing for some spring time activities, even if the weather isn’t cooperating. I love toilet paper roll crafts because they are so easy to do and it’s a great way to recycle materials that we already have on hand. These paper roll sheep are just the cutest and were so easy to make. It’s a great way to celebrate spring, even if you are doing this craft to pass the time on a snowy day!
I thought this sheep craft was so cute, but I wanted to make a version with cotton balls so that it was easy enough for even toddlers and to help. You can make these paper roll sheep as simple or detailed as you want. You can make each one have a little bit of a personality like I did!
Paper Roll Sheep
Here is what you will need:
- Cotton Balls
- Black Paper
- Black Pipe Cleaners
- Black Pom Poms (medium and small)
- White Pom Pom (small)
- Googly Eyes
- White Pen
- Toilet Paper Roll (white)
- Glue Gun
Make a bunch to create a sheep family!
Paper Roll Sheep
- Using a glue gun, cover the entire surface of your toilet paper roll with cotton balls.
- Cut 2 , 2 inch lengths of black pipe cleaner. Glue a small black pom pom to the end of each piece to make the sheep's arms. Glue the arms to the sides of the sheep's body.
- Add 2 more larger black pom poms to the bottom to create feet.
- Next, cut an oval shape out of black paper for the face and 2 smaller oval shapes for the ears.
- Add googly eyes and use a white pen or marker to draw the rest of the face.
- Use the glue gun to attach the paper face and ears to the body. Add a small white pom pom to the top of the head for an extra pouf of hair!
- Your paper roll sheep is complete!
My kids loved playing with these cute little sheep! These paper roll sheep are so easy for kids of all ages to make. It’s the perfect spring craft for kids!