Hi again! It’s Megan from Homemade Ginger back with the easiest paper flowers you will ever make. I’ve tried different varieties of paper flowers but these are so simple, only require a few materials that you probably already have on hand and are virtually impossible to mess up! The best part is that kids can make them too!
I posted a simple way to wrap a gift for Mothers Day awhile back. It’s perfect for that small store bought gift. However, I do love a good DIY gift that kids can easily make themselves to give as gifts. I love this painted twig bouquet because it is virtually free and always turns out adorable. Another way to take your DIY game up to the next level for Mother’s Day, is to have your kids craft up an adorable bouquet of cupcake liner flowers to give to Grandma. Put them in a mason jar and she will cherish it even more than real flowers from the grocery store.
My girls loved searching around the backyard for the perfect sticks and twigs for their bouquets. They also got so excited to choose a combination of cupcake liner colors for their flowers. The great part about these cupcake liner flowers is that you never have to water them! My black thumb is thankful for that fact.
I was inspired by these cupcake liner flowers but decided to use real twigs and mix up the cupcake liner colors. I love how my version turned out!
Cupcake Liner Flowers
The full printable instructions are at the bottom of this post, but here is what you will need:
- cupcake liners
- glue gun
Cut the liners in different ways to make a bouquet filled with pretty colors and creative shapes!
Stick them in a mason jar and enjoy!
Or give them as the perfect spring gift.
Cupcake Liner Flowers
- 4 cupcake liners (any color)
- 1 twig
- Stack 4 cupcake liners then flatten them out.
- Fold the liners in half and then in half again to create a triangle shape.
- Cut petal shapes in the folded liners with a pair of scissors.
- Unfold and cut a small hole in the center.
- Slip the liners onto the top of a twig.
- Add glue around the center of the first cupcake liner.
- One by one, fold the liner up around the glue and pinch.
- Repeat this process with the next liner and so on until the flower has taken shape. Fluff the petals as needed.
- Your cupcake liner flower is complete!
Next time you need a quick craft with supplies that you already have on hand, look no further and make these adorable cupcake liner flowers!