Hello! This is Megan from Homemade Ginger and I’m so excited to share this super easy craft with you all today.
It’s hard to believe that Mother’s Day is just around the corner. I love coming up with creative gifts that have a DIY element for Mother’s Day. In fact, one of my favorite gifts that I gave the grandparents were some DIY silhouettes. I come from a family of do-it-yourselfers so it wasn’t uncommon to give homemade gifts growing up. My mom made almost all of my clothes until I was in 5th grade and my dad could build or fix pretty much anything. Giving a handmade gift was just second nature. I always tried to come up with something I could make my mom for Mother’s day because I knew that it would mean even more for her.
However, I know that a lot of people aren’t natural DIY-ers like me. It might totally stress you out to think of having to make a gift for someone! But maybe you still want to incorporate a little bit of handmade flair for your gifts. That is why I love this simple flower wrapping! I was inspired by these flower wrapped favors and gave it my own spin. You can wrap up any store bought trinket in such a simple and beautiful way!
These little tissue paper flowers would look so sweet incorporated into a Mother’s day or bridal shower table setting. They would even be great for a baby shower!
Simple Flower Wrapping
The full printable instructions are at the end of this post, but here is what you will need:
- Tissue Paper
- String or Ribbon
- Double Sided Tape
- Cylinder Container
Make them in all different colors and sizes!
Simple Flower Wrapping
- 2 sheets tissue paper (contrasting colours)
- double sided tape
- cylinder container
- 6 inch piece string or ribbon (any colour)
- Cut 2 long rectangles, one each from 2 contrasting colored sheets of tissue paper.
- Fold each rectangle like an accordion and trim the top in a scallop shape.
- Unfold your rectangles. There should be a line of many scallops along one edge of each piece of tissue paper. Cut about 2 inches into each scallop. This will help the "fluffing" process later on.
- Take the first color (for the center of the flower) and place the cylinder on top of the unfolded paper. Attach it with a piece of the tape.
- Roll the cylinder up in the tissue paper and attach it with more tape at the end.
- Repeat this process with the second color, rolling it right on top of the first one. Once both colors are rolled, fold in the ends of the bottom like a present and attach with one piece of double sided tape.
- Tie a 6 inch piece of string around the top of the tissue paper.
- Fold down the tissue and fluff it out to look like flower petals.
- Your simple wrapped flower is complete!
Add a beautiful and handmade touch to any small gift with this simple wrapping method. Whoever is receiving your colorful gift won’t want to open it because it’s just too pretty!
Let us know what you think: