This baby shark craft using paper cups is SO cute, and is totally inspired by the song! Make this simple kids craft for a shark themed party or anytime, just for fun!
RELATED: Cup and Ball Game
Baby Shark Craft
Raise your hand if you have a kid in the house who is obsessed with “Baby Shark”. It’s definitely a catchy tune!
My son is turning 3 in a few weeks and I thought that a Baby Shark themed birthday party would be just perfect! There are so many cute shark crafts and games out there. This is an easy shark craft that kids of all ages can make, and have fun playing with afterwards. I just love how they turned out!
I was inspired by this whale craft but I wanted to try making a larger shark version instead.
Here’s the supplies you’ll need:
The full printable instructions are at the end of this post, but here’s a list of affiliate links to products on Amazon that are similar to the supplies we used to make this craft:
Here is what you will need:
- Paper or Plastic Cups – any size
- Construction Paper – blue, black and white
- Googly Eyes
- Glue Stick
- Glue Gun
- Light Blue Paint
Make a bunch with different sized cups and create a fun little shark family.
What else can I make with paper/plastic cups?
You can make all sorts of sea creatures from whales and octopus to mermaids and fish! Try using them to make farm animals or string them together to make a garland or a wreath! How many new ideas can you come up with?!
Baby Shark Craft Using Paper Cups
- Using light blue craft paint, paint the outside of your plastic cup. Allow to dry completely before decorating.
- Cut out 2 identical fins for the top of the shark and 2 fins for each side using blue construction paper. Then, cut out a shark tail shape for the back.
- Using the black and white construction paper, make a mouth and teeth. Glue the teeth onto the mouth using a glue stick and set aside.
- With the glue stick, add two googly eyes onto the front of the shark. Next, glue on the mouth just underneath the eyes.
- Placing one on top of the other, attach both identical fins to the top of the cup using a glue gun. Hold them in place until the glue has dried.
- Using the glue gun, attach each of the other two shark fins, one on each side of the cup. Hold them in place until dry. Then glue the shark tail onto the bottom of the back of the cup.
- Add any other details - like eyelashes!
- Your baby shark is complete!
These cute little sharks are so charming!
Turn a plain paper cup into a cute baby shark with this simple kids craft that’s perfect for a themed birthday party!
Here’s even more craft ideas:
For more fun craft ideas, check out our book Low-Mess Crafts for Kids for 72 fun and simple craft ideas for kids! The projects are fun, easy and most importantly low-mess, so the clean up is simple!
Where to buy:
You can purchase Low-Mess Crafts for Kids from Amazon, or wherever books are sold: