Hello again! It’s Megan from Homemade Ginger and I think you will just love today’s craft!
When spring comes around, I always get in the mood to declutter. The kids toys seem to multiply every year even though I rarely buy them any toys. How does this happen? I love to just clear out the clutter and start the summer with a more fresh and simple space for the family. I am always amazed at how well my kids do after we have donated a lot of their toys. They really do only need a few things to keep them happy. One of their favorite things to play with are big boxes. When we have ordered a large item from Amazon, my kids get so excited. They love to turn the box into a house or space ship. It will keep them happy and occupied for days!
I love the idea of simple toys, so I thought it would be fun to make a simple cup and ball game craft. These old fashioned toys are still so fun for kids to play with. It’s so easy to make one and it would be a cute craft to do at a birthday party for a take home favor. My kids have been playing with these cup and ball games non stop! They are so small that it’s a fun game to play without adding to the toy clutter in your home!
I’ve seen different versions of these games, like this one from Hello Wonderful. I wanted to make one with a small plastic cup and I just love how it turned out!
Cup And Ball Game
Here is what you will need to make this easy craft:
- Small Plastic Cups
- Wooden Beads
- Wooden Dowels
- Hot Glue Gun
- Craft Paint
These would also be fun to decorate with stickers or washi tape, for a more mess free approach!
Your kids are sure to love this simple game!
Cup and Ball Game
- Glue Gun
- 1 5oz plastic cup
- 1 piece string (5 inches long)
- 1 20mm wooden bead
- 1 1/4' wooden dowel (12 inches long)
- craft paint (any colour)
- 1 paint brush
- 1 Sharpie (black)
- Using a paint brush, add a few coats of paint to the outside and inside of your cup, covering it completely.
- After the paint has finished drying, add a pattern on the outside of the cup with a black Sharpie marker.
- Using a knittng needle or a pair of scissors, cut a hole in the centre of the bottom of the cup. Insert a wooden dowel and use a glue gun to secure it in place.
- Tie a 5 inch piece of string around a wooden bead.
- Tie the string around the dowel at the base of the cup. Use a glue gun to secure it.
- Your cup and ball game is complete!
This cup and ball game craft is SO EASY to make and would be the perfect craft for a kids birthday party!