These Christmas Perler beads designs are SO FUN to make! Grab your melty beads and a pegboard and get into the holiday spirit with these super cute pixel art designs.
We have 11 free printable patterns to get you started making Perler bead creations for Christmas. There’s even a 3D Christmas tree and presents! These designs are super festive, fun, and really simple to make.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission which helps us run this website.
How to Make Christmas Perler Bead Patterns
Check Out The Video Tutorial:
Step 1: Find what you need
- Gather your supplies and materials.
Step 2: Make your Christmas Perler beads design
- Print our free Christmas Perler bead pattern, or follow along with the template on your device's screen.
- To make your Christmas Perler beads you'll need to use a small square pegboard.We also find it helpful to sort the Perler beads we want to use by colour and set them in small bowls.
- To make a 3D Christmas tree you'll need to create two flat pieces that connect together.Follow the pattern to make the first piece.
- Now begin making the second piece of the tree.Optional: Use tweezers to add your Perler beads to the pegboard.Kids may be able to place the beads easily just using their hands, but adults will find the tweezers a lot easier to use!
- Follow the pattern and fill in the bottom rows with green Perler beads, leaving room to add the colourful "lights".
- Continue working your way up until you've added all the green beads.
- Fill in the holes with coloured beads. You can follow our design or choose your own colours and placement.Then compare the two pieces to the Christmas Perler beads pattern to make sure it's exactly how you want it to look.
Step 3: Iron the Perler beads
- Set one of the pegboards on an ironing board or a wooden cutting board. Then place a piece of parchment paper on top of the Perler beads.
- Heat your iron to medium temperature, no steam. Gently set the iron on the parchment paper and move it around in circular motions for at least 15 to 20 seconds.
- Check to see if the beads are melted together. Continue to iron for another 10 to 20 seconds, if necessary.The Perler beads are melted correctly when the parchment paper sticks to the beads and needs to be peeled away from them.
- Once the tree is cool enough to touch, remove it from the pegboard and flip it over.Cover the design with parchment again and iron the second side of the tree.
- Remove the paper and allow the design to cool before touching it.
- Repeat, ironing both sides of the other tree piece.Allow to cool.
Step 4: Put your Perler bead Christmas tree together
- Now you should have 2 pieces of a Christmas tree that will fit together!
- Take the tree with the space in the bottom and slip it onto the other piece.
- Continue until you can't push the two pieces together any more.
- Your Christmas Perler beads design is complete!
- If you have a clear pegboard you can place the template underneath it, making it super easy to follow the pattern!
- Tie a string through the top bead to turn your design into a Christmas ornament. (You can push a pin through to open the hole again if it’s been melted closed.)
Download our free Christmas Perler bead patterns:
Click on the links or images below to download our free, printable Perler beads Christmas templates! The PDF files will open in a new window.
Then simply follow along with the pattern on your device’s screen, or print the templates in colour on 8.5 x 11 (letter size) printer paper.
This pattern page features a reindeer, present/gift box, a Christmas stocking, and a candle.
This pattern page features a candy cane, Christmas tree, wreath, and snowman.
This pattern page features a 3D Christmas tree and 3D presents/gift boxes.
What are Perler beads?
Perler beads are small, plastic, cylindrical beads that are also called “fuse beads” or “melty beads”. This is because Perler beads are designed to be melted together!
Place the Perler beads, one by one, onto a plastic pegboard and create a pattern of your choice (like one of these fun Christmas designs). Then cover the design with parchment paper and iron the beads together — the heat from the iron will fuse the beads together into one piece.
Where can I buy Perler beads to make Christmas Perler bead patterns?
Your local craft store should have a good selection of melty beads, but you can also find Perler beads at a chain store like Michaels or Walmart. Or if you’d like to buy online, Amazon often has good prices, and they offer a large selection of fuse beads.
You can buy bags of individual colours of Perler beads, or purchase a jar or kit with a variety of different colours. You can also buy beads directly from the Perler beads website, where you’ll find every possible colour of bead and tons of accessories!
What other Christmas patterns can I make with Perler beads?
We created 11 different Christmas Perler beads designs. Follow the patterns above to make:
- Present/gift box
- Christmas stocking
- Candy cane
- Christmas tree
- 3D Tree
- 2 different 3D Presents/Gift Boxes
Or have fun designing your own Christmas pixel art! Try making:
- Gingerbread man
- Gingerbread house (you may need a large pegboard for this)
- Christmas ornament
- Santa hat
- Gift bow
- Ice skates
These Christmas Perler beads are perfect for the holiday season! Use the same colours as we did, or design your own Perler bead Christmas art.
Working with Perler beads is such a fun indoor activity, perfect for blustery winter weather. Use your Christmas designs as party decorations, or turn them into a fun holiday themed magnet or keychain!
Here’s even more Perler bead craft ideas:
Our book Low-Mess Crafts for Kids is loaded with 72 fun and simple craft ideas for kids! The projects are fun, easy and most importantly low-mess, so the clean up is simple!