This Christmas bark recipe is SO GOOD! It’s quick and easy to make, and super festive with the red and green M&M’s. It’s the perfect no-bake holiday treat!
The oreos and white chocolate give it a cookies and cream flavour while the salty pretzels help to cut the sweetness. Set out a plate of this sweet and salty Christmas bark at your holiday party or place it in cellophane bags to give as a holiday gift. Either way, your friends and family will love this delicious and festive treat!
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission which helps us run this website.
Check out our Christmas Bark video tutorial:
Looking for more tasty Christmas treats? Here’s a few of our favourites:
Christmas Bark Recipe
- Chop the pretzels in half and spread them onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- Cut each Oreo into 4 quarters and spread them out on top of the pretzels.
- Sprinkle half the M&Ms on top of the pretzels and Oreos.
- Melt the candy melts in the microwave according to package directions.
- Pour the candy melts over top of the other ingredients.
- Use a spatula to spread the candy melts over the pretzels, Oreos, and M&Ms. Make sure the edges are covered.
- Add the remaining M&Ms and the Christmas sprinkles on top.Refrigerate for 2 hours or until the bark has hardened.
- Remove the bark from the fridge and use your hands to break it into pieces of various sizes.
- Place the bark on a plate or serving platter. Your Christmas bark is ready to serve!
Does Christmas bark need to be refrigerated?
No, you don’t have to keep your Christmas cookie bark in the fridge. It can stay at room temperature, as long as it’s stored in a cool area, away from direct sunlight.
How long will Christmas cookie bark last?
The bark should last 1 – 2 weeks at room temperature, if kept in an airtight container. It will last 2 – 3 weeks in the fridge.
What can I use if I don’t have white candy melts?
Instead of candy melts you can use almond bark, white chocolate chips, or white baking chocolate. You could even use milk or semi-sweet chocolate instead, though it will change the colour of the bark.
What else can I add to my Christmas bark?
The great thing about Christmas bark is that you can add or remove ingredients and still have a tasty and festive snack! Here are some ideas of other ingredients you can add:
- Chopped salted peanuts, almonds, or mixed nuts
- Crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
- Mini marshmallows
- Chopped peanut butter cups or Andes mints
- Mini chocolate chips in your flavour of choice
The possibilities are endless! Be sure to comment and share your favourite flavour combination with us.
This Christmas cookie bark is super tasty, and it’s a definite hit with my kids! Add peppermint extract to the melted chocolate for some extra holiday flavour.
Here’s even more tasty Christmas treat ideas:
Our book Low-Mess Crafts for Kids is loaded with 72 fun and simple craft ideas for kids! The projects are fun, easy and most importantly low-mess, so the clean up is simple!