These Thanksgiving treats look great and taste great too! Make a chocolate turkey treat for the holidays that kids (and adults!) will love.
It’s so easy to put these treats together. Simply assemble cookies, chocolate, and candy for an irresistible and super simple snack. Something that’s tasty AND cute? A total win in my book!
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission which helps us run this website.
How to Make Thanksgiving Treats
- 12 Oreos
- Black icing (or brown)
- 12 Mini peanut butter cups
- 24 Candy eyes (7 mm size)
- 72 pieces of Candy corn
- 12 M&M minis (orange colour)
- Wilton #3 decorating tip (optional)
- Icing coupler (optional)
Check Out The Video Tutorial:
- Gather your ingredients.
- Add icing to the bottom of the unwrapped mini peanut butter cup.
- Place the mini peanut butter cup on the Oreo, towards the center bottom.
- Add lines of icing around the top two thirds of the Oreo (around the peanut butter cup).
- Add six pieces of candy corn to the Oreo, with the points towards the center.
- Add a little dot of icing to the back of the candy eyes.
- Place the candy eyes on the top center of the mini peanut butter cup.
- Add a dab of icing below the eyes. Then add a mini M&M, placing it sideways for the beak.
- Repeat 11 more times, or for however many turkey treats you'd like to make.Your Thanksgiving treats are complete!
How far in advance can I make these turkey treats?
I would recommend making them the day that you’re serving them. The Oreos go soggy from the frosting if they sit for too long. You can probably make them a day in advance, but be sure to store them in an airtight container.
What can I use to “glue” the pieces together?
We used Wilton decorating icing in black, but if you don’t have icing tips or a coupler, you can also use regular chocolate frosting or even melted chocolate!
What else can I use for the feathers?
Candy corn makes the cutest feathers, but we understand not everyone’s a fan of it. Instead of candy corn, you can use Reese’s Pieces or M&Ms. Or you could even use orange and yellow jelly beans!
What else can I use besides Oreos?
You can use any type of hard cookie in place of the Oreo (maybe a fudge stripe?). You can also use a regular sized peanut butter cup instead!
These chocolate turkey Thanksgiving treats are absolutely adorable! They’re such a fun fall snack to make for, or even with, kids. Everyone deserves a treat sometimes, right?
Here’s even more fun holiday treat ideas:
Our book Low-Mess Crafts for Kids is loaded with 72 fun and simple craft ideas for kids! The projects are fun, easy and most importantly low-mess, so the clean up is simple!
Where to buy:
You can purchase Low-Mess Crafts for Kids from Amazon, or wherever books are sold:
Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Books- A- Million | Indiebound | Indigo | Amazon Canada
Let us know what you think: