Hi again! It’s Megan from Homemade Ginger and I’m loving the summer craft that I’m sharing with you all today. I’m sure you will love it too! You won’t believe how easy it is to make these seashell candles!
Every year we go to a cabin in the mountains as a family for vacation. It is a time filled with hiking, playing board games and enjoying a slower pace of life. Although we love the beautiful mountains and cherish our tradition of heading to the cabin each year, I do wish I could sneak away to the beach every now and then. We don’t live anywhere near a beach, so it is a rare treat to see the ocean!
Whether you live near a beach or not, these seashell candles are just perfect for summer. They are so beautiful and you won’t believe how few materials you need to create these colorful seashell candles. Kids will love helping with this candle craft because it is so easy. Set them out for a fresh outdoor centerpiece and enjoy them all summer!
You can create these colorful seashell candles out of crayons. Mix different colors to get just the shade that you want. We loved these crayon candles but wanted to make a seashell version!
The full tutorial is at the bottom of this post, but here is what you will need:
- Votive Candles
These candles are so cute! You could even add some essential oils if you wanted your candles to have a scent.
Enjoy these beautiful summertime seashell candles!
- 12 pan muffin tin
- Crayons (any colour)
- 12 Votive Candles
- 6 Seashells
- Place 12 votive candles in each well of a muffin tin. Pop them in the oven for 10 minutes or until melted.
- Gather some peeled crayons. Break them apart and put 2 pieces in a paper cup. Microwave them for 1-2 minutes minutes or until melted.
- Once the crayons and the votives are melted, carefully pour the wax from 2 votives into 2 melted crayons and mix with a wooden popsicle stick.
- Save the wick from the votive and place in the seashell, adhering the wick to the bottom of the shell with a drop of melted wax.
- Pour the crayon wax into the seashell and allow it to harden.
- Your seashell candles are complete!
These DIY seashell candles are adorable and a beautiful option for summer table decor or soft lighting in a cottage or a cozy room!
Let us know what you think: