Hi there! It’s Megan again from Homemade Ginger and I’m excited to share another fun ornament with you all today. These popsicle stick Santas are absolutely adorable and a little addictive to make!
Do your kids believe in Santa? We are not huge into Santa around here, but that doesn’t mean we don’t love to pretend. None of my kids have believed in Santa so far. In fact, they’ve always been a little terrified on anyone dressed up as Santa! I can’t blame them, it can be quite intimidating for a baby to be placed on a strange bearded man’s lap at the mall.
Now that they are a little older, my kids all love to pretend that Santa is coming even if they don’t really believe he’s real. Whether your kiddos are big Santa believers or not, these little popsicle stick ornaments are the perfect afternoon craft for kids of all ages. They are so adorable and would look so sweet hanging on the tree this year.
Popsicle Stick Santas
The full tutorial is at the bottom of this post, but here’s what you will need:
- Large Popsicle Sticks
- Black, white and red paint
- Cotton balls
- Pop poms
- Hot Glue Gun
You will love transforming an ordinary popsicle stick into adorable Santas with some paint and just few other supplies!
Each one turns out a little different which gives them their own personality!
These cute little Santa’s look so cute hanging on the tree!
Popsicle Stick Santas
- Glue Gun
- 1 large popsicle stick
- 1 small pom pom (yellow)
- 1 small pom pom (white)
- 1 mini pom pom (red)
- craft paint (black, red and white)
- 1 Q-tip
- 1 cotton ball
- 4 inch piece ribbon (red)
- Paint 2/3 of the popsicle stick with red paint as well as a small portion at the top for the hat.
- Once the paint is dry, add a white stripe at both red edges as well as a black stripe around the center of the popsicle stick. Use a Q-tip to help make an even line.
- Use the back of a paintbrush to add 2 small black dots for eyes.
- Using the glue gun, add a white pom pom to the hat and a yellow pom pom on the black stripe for Santa's belt.
- Add a tiny red pom pom for the nose, just underneath the eyes.
- For Santa's beard, stretch out a cotton ball and glue it to the bottom of the face.
- Glue a 4 inch loop of red ribbon to the back of the popsicle stick for hanging.
- Your popsicle stick Santa ornament is complete!
These popsicle stick Santas are so cute and so simple to make! Such a fun and inexpensive way to DIY your own ornaments!