These DIY paper monster bookmarks made with construction paper and googly eyes are so easy to make! Hook the monsters into a book for a fun and silly bookmark!
RELATED: Popsicle Stick Monster Bookmarks
DIY Paper Monster Bookmarks
This craft is great for kids of all ages for back to school, Halloween, or any time! Each paper monster can have it’s own personality and no two are exactly the same.
My kids read a ton for homework during the school year and I thought it would be fun to make a DIY bookmark to keep them excited about reading. We made popsicle stick monster bookmarks last year that were a huge hit, and I think you will love these paper ones just as much!
Wouldn’t it be fun for kids to make a bunch and pass them out on the first day? This is a very affordable and super simple kids craft.
Here’s the supplies you’ll need:
The full printable instructions are at the end of this post, but here’s a list of affiliate links to products on Amazon that are similar to the supplies we used to make this craft:
What else can I use to decorate my paper monster bookmark?
You can use stickers, ribbon, rhinestones, glitter or even buttons to decorate your monsters. Feel free to draw faces or even clothes on them with markers. There’s lots of fun ways to jazz up your little monster friends!
How to Make a Monster Bookmark
Your monster can have 1 eye, 2 eyes or many eyes! Try making these paper monsters in all your favourite colours with all sorts of fun monster faces.
DIY Paper Monster Bookmarks
- 1 sheet Construction paper any colour
- 1 sheet Printer paper white
- Googly eyes assorted sizes
- Cut a piece of coloured construction paper into a 2x6 inch strip.
- With that same piece of construction paper, cut a square that measures 2x2 inches.
- Cut a second, identical square from white printer paper. Cut along the bottom of the white square in a zigzag pattern to form the teeth.
- Glue the white square on top of the colored square so that the teeth hang off the edge and are visible underneath.
- Flip the squares over. Glue the square with teeth to the top of the strip of paper, leaving 3/4 of the square un-glued to form the mouth.
- Decorate the bookmark by adding eyes hair, ears or horns to the front of the square.
- Add and glue another zigzag strip of white paper below the first one to create a second set of teeth.
- Your paper monster bookmark is complete!
How many silly combinations can you come up with?
Here’s even more monster craft ideas:
Popsicle Stick Monster Bookmarks
For more fun craft ideas, check out our book Low-Mess Crafts for Kids for 72 fun and simple craft ideas for kids! The projects are fun, easy and most importantly low-mess, so the clean up is simple!
Where to buy:
You can purchase Low-Mess Crafts for Kids from Amazon, or wherever books are sold:
Amazon | Barnes and Noble | Books- A- Million | Indiebound | Indigo | Amazon Canada
Let us know what you think: