Hi again, it’s Megan from Homemade Ginger. We are just a few weeks away from Thanksgiving here in the U.S. and I have a super easy and cute craft that you will love!
Thanksgiving tends to get pushed to the side as Christmas creeps in earlier and earlier every year. I try to cherish Thanksgiving and make the most of it before the craziness of the holidays begin. It’s tempting to try to make the tablescape look Pinterest perfect for Thanksgiving, but it is honestly exhausting and stressful to create the perfect atmosphere. I think it’s way more fun to let the kids get involved in making the table special for Thanksgiving.
These mason jar turkeys are the perfect little project for kids to make and help make the decor a little more special on Thanksgiving. They can fill these mason jars with small candies or even slips of paper for jotting down things they are thankful for. Set them out at each place setting on Thanksgiving or give them away as favors. You could even make a bunch fill them with candy or a gift card and pass them out to teachers and co-workers.
It was so easy to turn these mason jars into turkeys with just a few supplies. You could get creative and think of other characters to turn your mason jars into such as pilgrims!
Mason Jar Turkeys
Here is what you will need:
- Small Mason Jars
- Googly Eyes
- Yellow and Red Card Stock
- Brown Paint
- Pipe Cleaners
- Hot Glue Gun
These festive turkeys are so cute! Fill your jars with something fun!
Mason Jar Turkeys
- Apply a few coats of brown paint to the mason jar and allow it to dry completely.
- Using the glue gun, attach a pair of googly eyes near the top of the outside of the jar.
- Cut a small triangle beak from the yellow card stock, then a small tongue from the red card stock. Glue them to the jar just under the googly eyes.
- Bend red, orange and green pipe cleaners to form 3 separate feather shapes.
- Attach the pipe cleaners onto the back of the mason jar, overlapping them slightly.
- Your mason jar turkey is complete!
These turkey mason jars make the perfect party favor for Thanksgiving and are easy enough for kids to help make!