Hello again! It’s Megan from Homemade Ginger and I think you will love the handprint cactus that I’m sharing today! It’s the perfect spring or Mother’s Day craft!
If your kids are in preschool or elementary school, chances are that you have a fair amount of handprint art and crafts around the house. I love these keepsake crafts because they remind me of just how little my kids once were and how fast that they are growing. I’m always on the hunt for a new and fresh handprint craft, especially with Mother’s Day quickly approaching. I love the idea of coming up with a handprint craft that is cute enough to keep out to add to your spring decor. Since I love houseplants and cacti, I thought that a handprint cactus would be a fun and unique spin on the traditional handprint craft!
These little handprint cacti are cute enough that you will want to set it out year after year. Have your kids make some for Grandmas and Aunts for Mother’s Day. They can write a message on the back of their handprint to make these even more special! You will love it so much that you might want to have them make one for you to keep for yourself. These would also be a great craft to make at school for a take home gift for mom!
This handprint cactus comes together so fast but you can customize it to fit your needs. Instead of sticking it in a pot, turn it in a card. Or, if you have more than one child, you could stick multiple handprints in a larger pot. You could also glue a school photo to the front of the cactus or write a special note on the back. However you choose to make it, I’m sure these handprint cacti will be a hit!
Here is what you will need to make this craft:
- Green Card Stock
- Pink Tissue Paper
- Black Marker
- Small Flower Pot
- Small Stones
- Glue Gun
Aren’t these so fun!?
Anyone will love receiving one of these as a keepsake gift!
This handprint cactus is the perfect Mother’s Day craft for kids. Mom or Grandma will just love receiving a homemade handprint cactus this year!
- Using a pencil, trace one of your child's hands onto a green piece of card stock.
- Cut the handprint out. Using a black marker, cover the handprint with small lines (needles) going in different directions.
- For the flowers, cut a piece of tissue paper into a small rectangle that measures 2 x 3 inches. Make 1/2 inch cuts along the sides to create some fringe.
- Twist the rectangle, gathering it in the center.
- Holding the center, fold it in half so the fringe is all on one side and looks like flower petals.
- Using a glue gun, attach a few flowers to the tips of the fingers of the cactus. Add as many or as few as you want.
- Fill a small flower pot with some stones.
- Insert the handprint cactus into the pot. Secure with hot glue.
- Your handprint cactus is complete!