This DIY lip scrub is so easy to make, using 3 ingredients you probably already have in your pantry! Honey, coconut oil, and brown sugar combine to create a homemade lip scrub that exfoliates and moisturizes your lips.
You can keep your lips feeling healthy and hydrated this winter by using our simple lip scrub recipe! Brown sugar helps remove dead skin, while honey seals in the moisture that the coconut oil provides.
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission which helps us run this website.
How to Make Lip Scrub
Check Out The Video Tutorial:
Step 1: Find what you need
- Gather all your supplies and materials.
Step 2: Mix ingredients
- Melt 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil in the microwave for 15 - 30 seconds or until it's liquid.Add the coconut oil to 1 Tablespoon of honey and stir together.
- Add 5 Tablespoons (1/3 cup) of brown sugar to the coconut oil and honey mixture.
- Stir the ingredients together until all the sugar is combined into the liquid.
Step 3: Package the lip scrub
- Carefully spoon the mixture into a small air tight container or storage tin.
- Optional: Tie twine in a bow around the tin. If you're giving your lip scrub as a gift, you could even add personalized labels.
- Your DIY lip scrub is complete!
- If the mixture is too sticky and hard to spread on your lips, add more brown sugar, 1 teaspoon at a time.
How do I use homemade lip scrub?
Take some lip scrub on your finger and apply it to clean lips. Be gentle and rub it on your lips in a circular motion. Make sure you don’t scrub too hard or for too long.
When you’re finished, you can leave it on your lips for 5 – 10 minutes (for extra moisturizing power), or rinse it off right away with warm (not hot!) water. Make sure to apply a lip balm afterwards to seal in the moisture.
How often can I use my DIY lip scrub?
It’s recommended that you use a lip scrub no more than 1 – 2 times a week. Start with once per week as you get your lips used to the exfoliation.
How should I store my sugar lip scrub?
Stored at room temperature, the sugar scrub should stay good for around 2 – 3 months. Larger batches can be kept in the fridge for up to 6 months.
What kind of sugar is best in a lip scrub recipe?
Brown sugar is the best sugar for lip scrubs. It’s softer and less abrasive than other types of sugar because of its smaller crystals.
You can also use regular white sugar, but you’ll need to be more gentle when scrubbing.
Pamper yourself with this DIY lip scrub that’s so easy and inexpensive to make. Apply it once a week and leave your lips smooth and soft!
Here’s even more ways to pamper yourself:
Our book Low-Mess Crafts for Kids is loaded with 72 fun and simple craft ideas for kids! The projects are fun, easy and most importantly low-mess, so the clean up is simple!