This cloud slime is soooo soft! Add instant snow to a simple slime recipe to make a slime that’s puffy, fluffy, and super cloud-like in texture.
Instant snow (read more about it below!) is really magical. Add a small amount of snow powder to water to watch it transform into a full bowl of fluffy snow. It’s so cool! And it makes the slime foamy, stretchy, and super fun to play with!
This post contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a small commission which helps us run this website.
How to Make Cloud Slime
Check Out The Video Tutorial:
Step 1: Find what you need
- Gather your supplies and materials.
Step 2: Mix together slime
- Add glue, baking soda, and 2 drops of blue food colouring to a bowl.
- Stir, mixing until the colour is totally combined.
- Add contact lens solution.
- Stir until the slime has activated, creating a very thick, goopy slime. Set aside.
Step 3: Mix the instant snow
- Add water to a separate bowl.
- Sprinkle on the instant snow and watch it grow, like magic!
- Stir the instant snow. It mixes well by itself, but this ensures the water is completely mixed in.
Step 4: Combine the two
- Sprinkle a few spoons of instant snow over the slime.
- Fold the slime over the snow and start working it together with your hands. It will still be sticky at this point.
- Sprinkle more snow over the slime.
- Knead the snow and work it together. Add more snow as needed, until you get the fluffy texture you want.We used at least 1/2 of the snow we made.
- Your cloud slime is complete!
- If your slime is too sticky, keep kneading it! This slime recipe can take a bit of working to get the right texture.
- The more you play with this slime, and the more snow you add, the fluffier it gets!
What is instant snow? What is the best brand to make cloud slime?
Instant snow is a powder that expands like magic when you add water, but it’s actually science! It’s made of a something called sodium polyacrylate, which is a superabsorbent (and non-toxic) polymer.
Basically, it can absorb about 300 times its own weight in water, which makes it expand like it does.
We tried two different brands of instant snow, and while both of them worked, we preferred SnoWonder. It made the slime fluffier and softer!
How can I make my cloud slime soft again?
As you play with the cloud slime it will thicken and become less stretchy. To make the slime puffy and soft again, add more instant snow!
Do I need to add shaving cream to my cloud slime?
Some cloud slime recipes include a bit of shaving cream, but we didn’t find it necessary to add any. While shaving cream does add a foamy texture to slime, it generally only lasts for a few hours.
Instant snow makes this slime a perfect fluffy texture without any extra ingredients. But if you’re looking for a fun slime recipe that includes shaving cream, check out our fluffy slime!
What is the best activator for making a cloud slime recipe?
We like to use contact lens solution to make our slime recipes. It’s easy to find in stores, it has a long shelf life, and it works really well!
Make sure that you choose a contact solution that contains boric acid. We prefer Renu Advanced Formula from Bausch + Lomb (called Renu Fresh here in Canada).
You could also use instant starch to make cloud slime, or even dissolve borax in hot water to use as an activator.
Learning how to make cloud slime is so much fun! It’s SO FLUFFY, fun to play with, and it’s really easy to make!
Here’s even more slime recipe ideas:
Our book Low-Mess Crafts for Kids is loaded with 72 fun and simple craft ideas for kids! The projects are fun, easy and most importantly low-mess, so the clean up is simple!