Less than 2 weeks until Mother’s Day! It’s that time of the year when we all feel like children again. In this lovely way, Mother’s Day seriously challenges Christmas… I’ve put together a list of DIY Mother’s Day gift ideas that anyone can make and for every mother to enjoy. From delicate paper flowers to hardware jewelry, there’s something here that would be perfect for your mom too.
Make it festive!
Before we get all crafty with handmade gifts, just remember the most precious thing you can offer your mother is a lovely memory.
1. Make a festive banner for your mother. This fresh flower Mother’s Day banner from StudioDIY is just beautiful.
2. Breakfast in bed is a must on Mother’s Day. There’s no arguing here! Get some free printables for your tray here.
3.Decide whether your mom is the best mom time-wise – “Best mom ever” or space-wise “Best mom on the planet”. Then make it official with this mini-trophy from OhHappyDay.
4. Do over make. Instead of making something for your mother, think about planning something for you to do together. Time has the greatest value. See a special picnic setting here.
From little hands, with lots of love!
Here’s some great projects for children to make, with a little help from daddy.
5.These tiny colorful hanging planters are a great gift to make for mommy, especially if you promise to take care of the plants yourself. Get the how-to here.
6. Paper flowers are never out of fashion, are they? RustAndSunshine shows you how to make six different blooms.
7. This nature mobile is just a cuter, more personal way to give handpicked flowers to mom. See how much fun this is here.
8. Or make a really neat dreamcatcher mobile. See how to make the inline heart here.
9. Play chemist with the little ones to make these luxury bath bombs. Here at Brightnest they claim to have the perfect recipe.
10. These personalized beads are so much fun! Make one for each family member then gather them in a keepsake necklace. See different haircut templates here.
11. If you prefer colors over portraits, you can use the same supplies to make this cool necklace that is actually really trendy. Mom will love it!
12. And as a bonus, I just happened to find this cute tote that goes perfectly with it.
So you’re not a kid anymore, but still prefer to DIY instead of buy? Me too! There’s nothing like handmade, heart-felt gifts for Mother’s Day.
13. Home is where your mom is. So true! See these great mugs here.
14. This gorgeously basic leather envelope is an accessory every woman would like. And only takes about 5 minutes to make. Maybe you should take 10 minutes and make a matching one for yourself too.
15. This necklace is an eye-catcher. Would your mother like it?
16. And since she’s likely to already have a necklace collection, do you think she would like these modern jewelry holders?
17. Wow, these plaster dipped flowers are simply gorgeous. Get the technique at Curbly.
18. If you don’t want to pass fresh flowers, why not make them into a lush monogram? Who says flowers should be used in bouquets only?
Thinking about what really lucky mothers would get for Mother’s Day from their handyman sons, I would vote for these:
19. This gorgeous geometric wooden block that could be used as a centerpiece by itself. Inspiration at TheMerrythought.
20. If you do not have all those power tools at your disposal, try this etched cutting board.
21. This leather bowl at LovelyIndeed is… lovely, indeed. It’s also gender neutral, so you can remember this for father’s day also.
22. Mom couldn’t make these copper tubing beads by herself, or could she? Fashion tip – copper is a hot trend right now.
23. If you have more practicality in mind, give yourself some time to make this rope hammock for mom.
24. And these candles would also be nice to have around that hammock.
25. But most importantly, don’t forget to say “We love you, mom!”.
If you aren’t into making gifts by yourself or if you want a little extra something for mom, check out our list of 72 Thoughtful Mother’s Day Gift Ideas for a perfect gift that you can buy.